Be Nice Or Leave.
-Thank You.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

We're Better Than You Think

Yeah, nice guys usually finish last. Think about it—doesn’t the small business struggle more than the corporation? Don’t nerds almost never get the pretty girls? Doesn’t the person who holds the door open go in last?

But that’s what makes them the nice guys, I reckon. That small business struggles because the owner wants to run it right. That nerd didn’t get to ask the pretty girl out because he was nervous and completely unaware that she thought his stuttering was adorable. And the person holding the door was doing what their mother taught them. They’re all miniature martyrs.
I know that older folk say that our generation is headed for the dumps, but there are still little things that I like to think proves otherwise. There are still guys who let the girls go first. My friend and I once gave our seats on a trolley to two old ladies. A boy, who I still don’t know, tells me “Good morning!” whenever he passes me at school. There are still a few mothers who let their kids play in the dirt, like kids should do. There are still some youngsters who say “Ma’am” and “Sir”, “Please” and “Thank you”, “I’m sorry” and “I love you.”
To be honest, this is still a pretty good world to live in. Of course we all know about the bad things that are happening right now, but I wish that we could see the better things a little easier. So sure, the nice guy finished last again, but who cares? If he’s a nice guy, people will still cheer for him. I promise you, he won’t be any worse for wear when he crosses the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment